General Terms & Conditions
- By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the photographs are original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph
- Images/videos submitted for this competition should not have been submitted to any previous competitions and should not have won any previous awards
- The organizers have the right to publish images submitted for the contest in the gallery of the Cinnamon photo contest website on a rotational basis.
- On entry, you grant Sri Lanka Tourism authority to use your photos for publicity purposes in Destination Promotion.
- The Organizers have the right to use shortlisted, winning and commended entries for promoting the Cinnamon Photo Contest 2017
- Shortlisted images could be included in a popularity contest run on social media to select the most popular image
Registration Terms & Conditions
- One individual user is only entitled to one registration
- Once the submission is done, the user is not able to re-login and change/remove/alter the submission
- User is not able to view the images/videos submitted after submission
Entry Terms & Conditions
- All submissions should adhere to the entry rules mentioned on the How to apply/ Entry rules tab on the website and also given in Annexure 1
- Any submissions that do not meet the criteria set out in the entry rules will be automatically disqualified
Judging Terms & Conditions
- Images and videos will be judged based on the criteria provided (given in the judging criteria tab and in Annexure 2) and this will be entirely based on the judge’s discretion
- Owners of images/videos which have been shortlisted will be contacted and they will be requested to submit a high-resolution version (specifications will be given) of the same image/video along with additional details regarding the image. Any submissions not done by the required deadline will be disqualified.
- One winner per category and One overall winner will be selected and the awards ceremony for this will take place in Colombo (date and venue will be notified). If such winners are not in Sri Lanka during this time or are not able to attend, their winning award will be couriered to them. Any travel expenses, accommodation etc. for winners who wish to attend the awards ceremony will not be borne by the organizer.
All Entries Must Be:
- In digital format (JPEG for images & HD for Video)
- Each entrant can enter in a total of 3 categories only
- The content entered (photos and video) must not have won any previous awards
- Entries must have been captured after 31st December 2014
Specific Entry Rules: Photography
- File names for solo photos must be FISTNAME_LASTNAME_TITLE (e.g. JOHN_SMITH_Happiness)
- File names for portfolios must be FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_TITLE_1 (and follow sequence)
- All files, irrespective of the mode of capture (SLR/DSLR etc.) should be uploaded in JPEG format
- Maximum file size is 5 MB per photo
- Maximum of 3 photos per category
- Maximum 1 portfolio entry of 10 photos in total
- All entries must be 300dpi
- Maximum 2000 pixels on the longest side
- Must retain all original metadata, exif info and geotagging
- Only minimal post-production is permitted
- No HDR photography can be entered
- No watermarks or borders are permitted.
- Each photo can be submitted in one category only
Specific Entry Rules: Videography
- File names must be FISTNAME_LASTNAME_TITLE (e.g. JOHN_SMITH_IslandLife)
- Final videos must be uploaded in Mp4, AVI or MOV formats
- Maximum file size for the video must be 50MB
- Maximum duration of the film must be 2 minutes (120 seconds)
- Maximum 1 entry per person in the video category
- Must consist solely of moving footage and time lapse sequences. Still photography cannot be included in the edit.
- Only minimal post-production is permitted. High-colour processing is prohibited.
- Monochrome and colour videos are both accepted
- If music and voice talent are used in the video, a separate PDF document with permissions and rights of use must be sent to [email protected]
- Video should not make any reference to the creator/videographer. Supers and titling are only permitted for creative purposes
Annexure 2 – Judging Criteria
|Creativity & Narrative power
|Lighting & Clarity
|Uniqueness & Individual Style
- Grand Prize : US$ 5000 cash prize and a 21 day All-expense paid curated photography tour of Sri Lanka with a 6-page spread in Cinnamon Magazine
- Videography Winner : US$ 2500 cash prize and a 10 day all expense paid curated tour of Sri Lanka
- Category Winners : US$ 500 cash prize for each category winner
- Note : Winning cash prizes will be paid after deducting all applicable Sri Lankan taxes